Trending

A British Museum director resigns.

A British Museum director resigns.



A British Museum director resigns.


As a result of the theft of a valuable artifact from the British Museum, Hartwig Fischer resigned from his position as director of the institution.

A resignation from Fischer was accepted by the board of the museum after he resigned from the job.

A former chancellor of the government, George Osborne, stated that Fischer resigned honorably from his position.

In the aftermath of the theft of precious artifacts from the British Museum's collection in London, Hartwig Fischer has announced his resignation from the position of director.

The museum, according to him, did not fully respond to the thefts that occurred in 2021 when it was informed of them by the police.

There has been a retraction by Fischer earlier this week of the claims made by the art dealer who informed the museum authorities originally.

He regrets the comment he now considers "misjudged" and has expressed his regret by conveying it with a sincere tone of voice.

As a result of reports that the museum employee had vandalized, stolen, or damaged valuable items, he was dismissed last week.

Mr. Fischer had earlier this week traveled with antique dealer Ittai Gradel to support the museum's inquiry into its 2021 plans.

In an interview with a respected media outlet, Dr. Gradel stated that he supported Fischer's resignation. While I believe that he should have apologized sooner, I accept his apology regardless of the fact that he was late in doing so."

After Fischer resigns from the museum's board, an interim leadership plan will be established by the museum's board.

Hartwig Fischer’s complete statement is as follows:

For the past few days, I have been studying the events surrounding the thefts at the British Museum in detail as part of my investigation into these thefts.

I believe it is evident that the British Museum did not respond as comprehensively and effectively to the warnings issued in 2021 as it should have, in light of the current situation and the warnings issued in 2021. As a result of that failure, the director will ultimately be held responsible.

Furthermore, I misjudged the remarks I made earlier this week about Dr. Gradel that I made. My apologies for the remarks that were made and I have withdrawn them.

As soon as an interim leadership arrangement is put in place by the board, I will step down as soon as I have submitted my resignation to the trustee chairman. The current arrangement will continue until the next director is selected and we are able to select him or her.

Although I believe that the Museum will recover from this moment and emerge stronger from it, I have determined that it is not necessary for me to be present at this time.

I would like to have that happen as my last wish. My experience over the last seven years has given me the opportunity to work with talented and dedicated public servants from all over the country.

I have had the honor of leading the British Museum, which is an institution of the highest standards."

In an official statement, the museum's chairman, George Osborne, an ex-chancellor who is currently the chairman of the museum's trustees, confirmed Mr. Fischer's resignation as its executive director.

Mr. Fischer dealt with his mistakes honorably, the judge praised him.

Hartwig's integrity, dedication to the museum, and his love of it were never in doubt, Mr. Osborne said of Hartwig's attitude toward the museum.

As a result of the trustees' actions, the museum has the "necessary leadership" to see it through this turbulent period, he said.

Despite the fact that there has been an unfortunate setback, I believe the mistakes will be corrected," he said with confidence. There is no doubt that we will learn from our mistakes, regain our confidence, and get the respect we deserve back as a group as a result of our mistakes.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post